Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Technological Armageddon

I wonder if it's possible. You know, this technological Armageddon that we are possibly approaching. I'm not talking about robots though. No flying droids, lightsabers or plasma guns--that sci-fi terror is many years away if not impossible. I'm talking about someone, one day, starting another world war through the use of modern technology. The day when hackers are recognized as soldiers and have the ability to blow up your cellphone just because you were of the ethnicity of the enemy. I doubt we'll get there, but it's still sad that it's a possibility. 

Bombs are pointed towards us--at least that's what I've heard. And the oppressive land of North Korea is ready at any time. At least that's what I've heard. And I hope that it will continue to be what I've heard and not what I've experienced, because years ago another world war ended. And people died. Some survived but surviving is not the same as living because seeing your comrades dead in the trenches is something that stay with you for life. It scars you. 

Lest we forget, they say. And lest we forget, I say. But in remembering lest we repeat the faults of the past. Lest the blood stain the grass of the prairie fields and another reason to wear a poppy be given. Lest the cries be heard once more from the innocent, the wounded, the frightened.
I'll wear this poppy once more out of respect. Out of hope for the future and remembrance of the past.
Lest we forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment