My first thought after logging in was "Okay, this looks pretty cool" and I quickly grew excited to try this new product. I took a look at what others had already written, articles on CSGO and a few lifestyle articles as well. Finally, I was ready to create something. I clicked on Write and was greeted with a screen describing the main service that Altonito was providing.
"It doesn't matter, if there is a writer hidden in you, or if you are a professional writer. We believe that interesting content resides within passionate people. So if you are passionate about a topic and have an interest in writing, Altonito is for you."As expected my eyes drifted towards the little dollar bill at the bottom of the screen: "Monetize your content coming soon". I hadn't expected that. I would actually, in the future, be able to make money off of my stories. Now that is pretty cool.
I scrolled down and searched for a get-started button. To my dismay, there was none, but instead requests for access to my social media profiles as proof of identity. I was hesitant. The only thing that I was remotely comfortable giving was my Twitter, so, I signed in. Or I at least attempted to. Upon allowing access Twitter told me that I was already signed into the service and I was unable to write. Confused, I went to my Twitter account, removed the app, and tried again.
I repeated this process a few times until I threw up my hands in surrender and signed-in to my Facebook. That was probably the biggest upset on my first day using the service.
I sat in my chair, staring at my computer screen wondering what I should write. I already have this blog, so I couldn't write an article. I decided to write a short story which I entitled Chaser (which I'll update every Tuesday). I hit publish, and sent it out to the world to read.
Other than the social media authentication process, Altonito has proven to be pretty cool. Though, in the future, I think it would be nice for the platform to have a greater social aspect to it. Such as the ability to collaborate with writers and perhaps instant messaging between mutual followers. Overall Altonito seems extremely promising, and I can't wait to see what it will become in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment