Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Evolved: Snapchat Discovery

So, today I pick up my Nexus 5 and open up Snapchat. A snap from my friend, a few sent receipts and...what's this? A video from Team Snapchat? Well let's just take a look shall we?


Wait...what? What?!? WHAAAT? Is it finally happening? HAS SNAPCHAT FINALLY EVOLVED? Well, I hopped over to Snapchat's Blog to find out:
Snapchat Discover is a new way to explore Stories from different editorial teams. It’s the result of collaboration with world-class leaders in media to build a storytelling format that puts the narrative first. This is not social media.

Okay, this is pretty cool. So now I can see the things from companies like Food Network and Yahoo and even the Snapchat Team themselves. This is also a pretty cool way for companies to advertise themselves. For example, the Food network provides a few recipes you can follow and videos that you can watch. It's almost like having a little magazine in front of me because Yahoo and CNN can bring me news in 10 seconds or less.

Oh, but there's far more with this update than discovery. Now you can add friends just by showing them your settings screen
Confused?
I tried this and was absolutely shocked when it worked.

Now try tell me that Snapchat is getting boring.








more screenshots:


No comments:

Post a Comment