Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Freshman Hibernation Approaches

For the first time since classes started I finally ate breakfast.  For now, I have accepted The-Freshman-15 (not like I was purposely skipping breakfast--I was just too lazy to go and get it).  For those of you who don't know what The-Freshman-15 (aka. The-Frosh-15) is, it's basically an illness that infects many university freshman North America.  Signs of The-Freshman-15 include a great decrease in one's GPA and an increase in weight. If you detect these signs you should...probably study more (or study period) and start exercising more.
I honestly can't say much about The-Freshman-15 since it's only been three weeks but I will bet you any amount of money that as winter approaches people are going to start eating like they're going into hibernation.  Fridges will be stocked.  Cupboards will be filled. Peanut butter, Nutella, Chips, Brownies--a mountain of junk food stretching as far as the eye can see.  Maybe we'll throw an apple or two in there just to say that we're "eating well" but we know we're lying to ourselves. Then in the spring, when we awake from our long slumber, we'll wonder: what the f@$& were we thinking? We'll have to work off everything that we gained for the entirety of our second semester.  Not to mention The-Sophomore-30 that we'll experience the following year--but that's another story for another day.

In unrelated news, it turns out that image processing is far more difficult than it seems (at least when not using MatLab). But I borrowed a book from my school library to help me with it.  I'll be writing about that soon...hopefully.  Until then, I'll leave you with a video from one of my favourite Youtubers, "!!Superwoman!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment