One week ago I received an invitation to Google's newest service, Inbox. Let me just say that now I am not as intimidated when checking my e-mail.
1. Remove the Clutter
I don't know whether I'm the only one to do this, but when I read an e-mail I don't delete it (unless I find it to be spam). I usually keep things so I can look back at it when I'm finished. With Inbox, I just have to click a check mark and it's moved away from my inbox into a "done" folder. The e-mail is out of sight, and I don't have to scroll through my inbox searching for unread messages.
2. I'll Read this Later...
Often I see an e-mail that interests me, but I'm busy doing something else. Instead, I can just press the clock icon next to the e-mail and have Inbox remind me about it when it's a certain time or when I'm in a certain place.
3. Pin it on the board
If I wanna remember something, you can write it down or pin it onto a cork board (I wonder if people still tie strings to their finger...). Inbox now allows you to "pin" items that you wish to keep in your inbox. Inbox also has the ability to create reminders, and provide suggestions as you type them out.
4. From Desktop to Phone
And of course, there is the ability of the service to sync across all of your devices. Inbox has become my preferred e-mail app on my Nexus 5.
Overall though, it seems really nice. With the material style UI, as I did with Ello, I sometimes just play with it. It's functional and simple. With reminders, organization methods, and more.




No comments:
Post a Comment