Can I just say how difficult it can be to be a southpaw? I was thinking about this during my last sociology quiz. Yes, during the quiz seeing as I kind of found it difficult to focus when people were always trying to inch past me.
You see, I had to write my quiz in a lecture hall. And if you're in a lecture hall, you're lucky to find a good left-handed seat. Most of those seats are either broken or taken by a someone who's right handed.
But all righties should know better than to sit in our spot for we bear a heavy burden that their majority do not: we act as the gate keeper for the entirety of the exam. And might I say that it get's kind of annoying. Standing up, sitting back down, twisting to the side, just so others can get through. I wouldn't mind it if it only happened once or twice—but if I barely even get to sit down or
maybe drop my pencil, eraser, or student card I'll get upset.
Okay, maybe not that upset.
But I'm not complaining about being left-handed. Sure, writing in ringed binders can be a hassle and smudging is inevitable, but whenever I meet someone else who's left handed it feels great; it's like we're a part of some kind of club. The Global Association of Lefties or something. Sure we have a statistically shorter life span than righties (which I don't really believe). But hey, in that time we have on earth we are said to be highly successful and we even have our own day (August 13)! I'll take that over anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment