Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mission Complete


At least, one of many missions complete. Finals finished for me on the 13th, so on Saturday. Now I'm back home, trying to relax while at the same time being productive. Yeah, doesn't make much sense does it? I suppose that I feel relaxed when I feel productive, and when I'm playing video games or watching TV I'm not just playing video games or watching TV; I'm thinking about how, who, what, when, and why. You see for the past few days I've been learning more about, well, everything. I found a series called Handmade Hero which describes the process of creating a video game from the ground up--no external libraries.

I also started reading some open-source code via Github. One I'm currently just skimming, but still learning. While looking at Google's URIBeacon Repo I was forced to look up a few things to get a better understanding of the code. This included things such as UUID's (Universally Unique Identifiers), Unicast Networking, MAC Addresses (Media Access Control), etc.
I have so many things I want to do in the next three weeks before school starts again: start to create an app (utility app hopefully), start to move from intermediate to advanced programmer, brush up on my French and Japanese, maybe dabble a bit in German, hang out with my friends...the list goes on and on and on. Sigh. Wish me luck.
Now, I'll leave you with this video from shots of awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment