Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fifteen

So, it's 2015.  I'm not completely certain why but for some reason the number 15 has a special meaning for me (i.e. it's my favourite number).  Of course to analyze the reasoning for this would be a complete waste of time and therefore I should probably just say "Happy New Year" or something along the lines of that.
But I want to say that as midnight approached I felt quite sullen.  In fact, the great hype from Christmas  is starting to die down too. Every holiday now just seems like another day and in fact, I woke up this morning not thinking about the fact that it was January 1, 2015 but that school was in less than a week and I needed to prepare for it.  My friends have said the same thing to me before.  Is this growing up? Well, if it is I can't say that I like it very much. (In fact, the last time I felt such excitement for these kind of events was when I was 15...)
But nonetheless, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and may 2015 be an amazing year for you all.  I hope that all goes well, and that you get to achieve at least one of your New Years resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment