It's late at night. 2:24 AM to be exact. I check my blog stats and compare them to the ones I received in September—my first and best month of blogging. In economic terms, I am in the middle of a recession; that is to say, I am at a low point in my view statistics. And it got me upset. It wasn't because my blog was unpopular. Being popular is great and all, but I'd rather write and have my thoughts and experiences be read. That is why we write, right?
We write to feel validated, to share our feelings, to show that "we are/were here". I code for the same reason. To one day create something that helps people and makes my mark on this world. I sing and play instruments to express the things that words cannot truly describe. The piano becomes an extension of me, it is me, and it's my time of vulnerability.
We write, sing, dance, play music, paint, etc. in order to feel powerful and vulnerable all at once. We feel powerful in the moment, like we can do anything, but at the same time we are exposing ourselves. We are opening ourselves to judgement by others. And only after we have finished creating, do we feel more confident. Only then do we realize how strong we are. I get a rush of adrenaline standing bare and showing people what I can do. It's scary. But I love it. And when they smile, and enjoy what they see, I smile too. And I feel free.
That's why we create. To let go, to feel vulnerable, to feel powerful, to feel free.
We write to feel validated, to share our feelings, to show that "we are/were here". I code for the same reason. To one day create something that helps people and makes my mark on this world. I sing and play instruments to express the things that words cannot truly describe. The piano becomes an extension of me, it is me, and it's my time of vulnerability.
We write, sing, dance, play music, paint, etc. in order to feel powerful and vulnerable all at once. We feel powerful in the moment, like we can do anything, but at the same time we are exposing ourselves. We are opening ourselves to judgement by others. And only after we have finished creating, do we feel more confident. Only then do we realize how strong we are. I get a rush of adrenaline standing bare and showing people what I can do. It's scary. But I love it. And when they smile, and enjoy what they see, I smile too. And I feel free.
That's why we create. To let go, to feel vulnerable, to feel powerful, to feel free.
No comments:
Post a Comment