Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wow Dude, that's so Mainstream

Scarf, beanie, furrowed eyebrows and sunglasses peering down at the screen of a macbook. Fingers typing away on the black keys, face illuminated by the words they write. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, the typical Hipster. I first heard this phrase a few years ago, when I was in the tenth grade and didn't really understand it. Hipster. What in the world is a hipster? The context that I heard it was during a conversation between a couple of my friends. They were talking about different music groups and one of them said that the other "was just too much of a hipster to listen to that music". The friend agreed, saying that it was "too mainstream".
Now, the inspiration behind this blog is that I've finally decided to give it a try. I'm going to be, different by working with the hipster stereotype (which makes no sense to me). Yes, I am now sitting inside a café with a cup of coffee, a scarf, sunglasses, beanie, all of the above.
Okay, in truth I forgot all of those in my room. My scarf is lying on my desk chair; it's the middle of winter and I'd get odd looks for wearing sunglasses outside (and I'm wearing contacts so glasses don't work); my eyebrows aren't furrowed, relaxed and normal really; I don't own a beanie—but I am using a macbook. I know it's not much but at least it's something, right? The fact that I actually took a walk off campus to the café across the street is amazing to me (yes, I can be that lazy). Also, I don't think I have my chocolate croissant and hot chocolate in the right place (I know it's supposed to be coffee but, come on, it's chocolate).
Baby steps my friends, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment